Sunday, 9 September 2012

T8's 3-0 Carlton Top Spot

Notts Sunday League Premier Premier - 9th September 2012 ko 10:35am

Hot, hot, hot !! Glorious sunny morning - just had to get out and take in some football, although I can't imagine I'll be out and about at 10:30 am on freezing cold winter Sundays...never mind how good the quality of the football!!!!

T8's is a wine bar in Hucknall town centre, while Carlton Top Spot is a members only club on Carlton Hill.  Top Spot were promoted last term despite finishing 4th in their division, and didn't really appreciate the move to the Notts Sunday League highest level.

The Hucknall team is skippered by Hucknall Town defender Danny Hayes, and Kyle McDermott from Linby CW was also in the starting eleven.  

Guess work mostly: T8's line up : Jake Pearson, Joe Hunt, Greg Conn, Billy Brooks, Danny Hayes, Jamie Thomas, Kyle McDermott, Jack Allen, Andy Start, Danial Gamble, Aaron Short. Subs Jay Parkin, Stefan Rogers, Gareth Hayes......apologies if these are incorrect!!

The game was quite close to begin with, and Carlton had the better of the early chances. T8's soon shook off their Sunday Morning malaise though, and were a goal to the good after just 11 minutes. A superb 25 yard Billy Brooks free-kick was met by DANNY HAYES, whose far post header flew past the visitors keeper Glenn Guyatt. 

6 minutes later, Aaron Short played a cracking ball through to JACK ALLEN, and the big no. 8 beat his marker before running into the box, rounding Guyatt and firing home. Apparently this was Allen's first goal in two seasons! 

Joe Hunt fired a long throw into the box, and it was that man HAYES who got on the end of the throw to nod home again at the far post.  F-T 3-0

No goals to report in the second half, but Top Spot were much more of an attacking force, although their shooting was a bit wayward, to say the least. They did work the home keeper on occasion, but in all fairness the home defence was quite comfortable throughout.

On 78, referee Roger Porter cautioned Carlton's Jonathan Biernet for a challenge on Allen, but it looked a bit of a harsh decision. The next challenge by Biernet with 10 minutes to go, saw him tangle with T8's Stefan Rogers, and as both players decided to play a little game of footsie (well, they weren't exactly kicking the crap out of each other), the rest of the players decided they wanted to be involved as well. The outcome was slightly obvious - after the players had calmed down, Biernet received a yellow, followed by a red - Rogers saw yellow. 

It really was something and nothing - the old "handbags" again.....and as I said, the first yellow for Biernat was harsh, making the second one hurt even more when a sending off costs £35 and the young man is an expectant father.....F-T 3-0

H/C -- peaked at 43 ...not bad for Sunday morning!