Monday, 1 April 2013

Hucknall Town 1-7 Loughborough Dynamo

Played 36 Won 4 Drawn 4 Lost 28 For 39 Against 142 Diff -103 Pts 16 - can't say it's been uneventful at Watnall Road this season - but as we bought season tickets we decided we may as well take in every game.   It has been excruciatingly painful at times.  Belper and Halesowen are the final two home games ......and they lie 3rd and 7th respectively in the league, so can't see the Yellows getting anything other than a spanking in those games.  

Relegation to the Northern Counties league is the least that can be expected now - Hucknall are 12 points from safety with only 6 games to play. Trouble is the NCEL is a sod of a league to get out of....and if there is still no money available, who will want to sign on and play for nowt?

Yellows !!!


Kick off  

Anyway, on a brighter note, we had chance to catch up with our Dynamo friends Barry and Judith. Not seen them for a while - it was great to see them again.  Judith has been through a lot health wise recently, and has our very best wishes - she knows our thoughts are with her and here's to a full recovery......

Hucknall recruited two more players from the AFC set up - Adam and Jeremy Moran - but CML players really can't be expected to step up to Evo-Stik level and compete.

Even though Loughborough themselves are in turmoil after their management team of  Scott Clamp and Scott Machin resigned last week, they had no trouble of disposing of a very weak Yellows team.

Dynamo almost went ahead in just the fourth minute through a Jake Betts header, but a superb tip over from Michael Yates foiled the centre-back.

Skipper Hatfield clearing a packed area

There was some confusion over the scorer of the first goal four minutes later. Rob Norris was credited with it initially, then it was an OG - although it has since been given to REECE LESTER. It appeared that Yates had saved the ball on the line, but the linesman ruled that the ball had indeed crossed the line much to everyone's disbelief. 

Jake Betts heads an O'Donnell effort off the line

No doubt about the next goal though on 28 - ROB NORRIS curling a beauty past Yates and into the far corner from the corner of the box with the outside of his right foot. 

Sixty seconds later it was three nil to the away team after MATT LANGHAM smashed the ball home from the edge of the penalty area. H-T 0-3

4 goal Matt Langham in action

Three minutes into the second period, LANGHAM was on the score sheet again, this time slotting home a Norris left wing cross at the far stick.

WARREN HATFIELD pulled one back for the Yellows on 57, stabbing home from close range after the Dynamo defence failed to clear a corner.

In reality, the visitors were cruising and the only surprise was that  it took them until the 79 minute to restore their four goal advantage. LANGHAM again on the far post ramming home Reece Lester's cross/shot. With three to play, LANGHAM was allowed to race at goal and easily beat Yates from the edge of the box.

Former Yellow TRIS WHITMAN rubbed salt into the Yellows' wounds right on the stroke of full time - firing past Yates after he too was allowed to run on goal without a significant challenge being made. F-T 1-7

Quick note about Referee Alix Pashley - no fuss, no worries for the youngster. Hardly knew he was there - always a good sign.

Admission : season ticket
Programme : £1.50
Attendance : 84 (inc 30 + visitors)