Saturday, 18 May 2013

Kimberley MW "A" 3-4 Santos FC

We haven't caught a Notts Amateur Alliance game before, and it will probably be a while before we see our next one!

Played at the Digby Street home of Kimberley MW, a ground that hasn't really changed too much since we last visited a couple or three years ago. 

The first half was hard work to watch, with both teams failing to play anything resembling the beautiful game - and most passes failing to find a team-mate. Santos took the lead with 1 minute of the first half left when their skipper SCOTT BOULTER hit a tame effort from 22 yards out that struck Danny Carter. The deflection totally wrong-footed Welfare keeper Johnny King and the ball rolled slowly into the net. H-T 0-1

We had a chat to "Mr. Kimberley" Danny Staley during the break - he'd been at the Miners' other home, the Stag Ground since 8:30am and was slightly knackered! Kimberley MW's 1st team will be playing at the former home of Kimberley Town from next season, provided all the improvements are completed by the time the season commences. 

The home team drew level on 47 through ROBBIE TONRA - a simple tap in from close range after the ball was played in from the left. TONRA put Welfare ahead from the spot 20 minutes later, after Rhys Beadman was tripped in the box. 

The scores were level with 70 minutes played, Santos no. 5 JAKE CORKHILL hitting a fierce drive from 25 yards that deflected off Tonra before flying past King.  BEADMAN had a simple tap in the restore Welfare's lead seconds later, but DEAN LONGDON restored parity with the goal of the game on 80, the big no. 10 latching onto a superb ball from midfield before running into the area and firing wide of King.

With four scheduled minutes of the game remaining, Santos won a corner on the right. Carl Wilson fired the ball to the far stick where LONDGON was waiting to rise gracefully and power home a header. The Referee announced that there were to be 7 added minutes - not ideal on such a chilly afternoon. Not ideal for Kimberley's Danny Carter either, as he received a straight red card in the 5th minute of the added time for allegedly swearing at the Referee.  F-T 3-4

Not a bad game on the whole, but what surprised us was that roll-on / roll-off subs are part of the NAA game. I personally don't agree with that concept even at youth level, but in men's football it is slightly ludicrous. Carl Wilson was subbed half way through the second half, but came back on later and actually made the winning goal for Santos. 

Admission  -free
No progamme 
Attendance : difficult to tell, but no more than 25 at any one time.
Referee - no details known, but he wasn't the best. Club linesmen ignored, long lectures - a few bad decisions .... must do better!!

One more game to go - Bulwell FC v Keyworth United on Tuesday at Eagle Valley. I'll bet you it's cold there - it always is!!!!!