Saturday, 12 January 2013

Pinxton FC 2-0 Linby CW

Split loyalties for me - I have good friends who play for both teams, so I tried to be neutral!! 

Kev was at the City Ground with his Son and two of his Grandsons - look right at home, don't they!!!

Pinxton stay 4th after this result, and look to be going into the rest of the season battling with Sutton Town AFC and Bilborough Pelican for promotion to step 6.  Click here for latest CMLS table. Although Belper Utd and Newark Town are in the mix, these teams haven't applied for promotion according the the recently released FA list.

With Kev being absent, I tried to do a spot of photography.Failed miserably at first, improving only slightly as I had learned how to use the camera!! 


Pinxton : Frost, Marriott P, Parker, Riley, Henshaw D, Brooker, Bettison, Moore, Debrouwer, Houghton, Cooper

Linby : McNeill, Henshaw T, Dakers, Banister, Jago, Niblett, Burke, Marlow S, Murphy, Peberday, McDermott

Sean Gregory and Jamie Renshaw

Pinxton looked a bit sluggish from the off, but they had the games first chance on 9 minutes when Ryan Booker was picked out in the 6 yard box - only a neat goal-line save by Phil McNeill kept the centre-backs effort out.

Michael Banister made a superb well timed tackle just inside the area to prevent Jay Cooper crossing too three waiting team-mates on 13.

Mark Frost is a well-respected keeper and friend of this blog - he had to be alert to dive at Matt Peberday's feet in the 40th minute after he found room in the 6 yard box. "Frosty" could only watch seconds later as Matt Murphy fired a neat shot across the goal that crept just past the far stick. H-T 0-0

Don't normally bother with a coffee at half-time, but it was that bloody cold I decided to partake. £0.70 for a bucket full!  Other clubs take note!!  

Linby began the second half as they ended the first, forcing Frost to dive at Murphy's feet on 48. The keeper was grateful a few minutes later when a fierce Peberday drive beat him, but crashed off the post before rebounding straight into his arms.

An error from Simon Marlow gifted the ball to Keiran Debrouwer in the 53rd minute, but the striker fired his shot wide of McNeil's far post. When Jamie Renshaw crossed from the left moments later, Debrouwer headed the ball just over the bar. It was a case of third time lucky for DEBROUWER though when Banister fluffed a clearance. The ball fell kindly to "Keano" who had the simple task of placing the ball wide of McNeil to open the scoring. 

PERRY MARRIOTT was the unlikely scorer of Pinxton's second goal - the home debutant volleying home at the far post after McNeil failed to cut out Darren Bettison's free-kick. Cooper had a great chance to add a third on 81 after he ran into the box and sat Banister on his backside - unfortunately for the striker McNeill was alert enough to block the shot that followed. F-T 2-0

After the game, the Pinxton players lined up as an honour guard for midfielder Ben Moore who was playing his final game before undergoing surgery and will be out of the game for some time. Nice touch lads.....

Admission £2
Programme £1 
Attendance - H/C 59